1.1 Hearts With A Mission (HWAM) is committed to protecting your privacy and will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully. This policy is designed to provide transparency into our privacy practices and principles and to inform you of the way your information is collected and used.
1.2 If you have questions about this policy, please contact us by writing to Hearts With A Mission, 711 Medford Center #334, Medford OR 97504, or calling (541) 646-7385.
1.3 Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. BY USING OUR WEBSITE OR PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU AGREE TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BEING USED AND STORED IN A MANNER SET OUT IN THIS POLICY. We may update this policy periodically, so please check it regularly.
2. How we collect information about you
Information you provide us
2.1 We may collect information from you in the following ways:
- (a) You make a donation to us (which may be financial or non-financial/in-kind), or respond to our mailings and appeals;
- (b) You request information or materials from our organization;
- (c) You contact us in regards to volunteering or fundraising on our behalf;
- (d) You apply for a job with us, become an employee, or provide consultancy services directly to us; or
- (e) You contact us with inquiries or other correspondence (including via social media) or become involved with us in another way.
2.2. If you interact with us in one of the ways listed above, we may collect and process personal information about you, such as:
- (a) Your name, address, email address, telephone number, your age;
- (b) Information you enter onto our website or other hard copy forms at an event;
- (c) Records of your correspondence with us, if you have contacted us;
- (d) Details of your visit to our website, including your IP address;
- (e) Financial information such as your bank or card details;
- (f) Whether you have a relationship to another supporter (e.g., husband/wife)
2.3 We do not collect “sensitive personal data” about you, such as religious beliefs, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health unless there is a legitimate reason to do so. If we need to collect this type of data, we will obtain your consent or draw this specifically to your attention so you understand what information is needed and why we need it.
Information we receive from other sources
2.4 Your information may be given to us by third parties, such as online tracking technologies. Collecting information in this manner allows us to collect statistics about our websites’ usage and effectiveness and to personalize your experience while you are on our third-party websites (please see section 7 for more information regarding our use of online tracking technologies).
2.6 These third parties are often processing your data on your behalf so as the data controller, HWAM is responsible for the security and proper processing of your personal data.
3. Why and how we use your information and on what basis
3.1 We will process your personal information in accordance with this policy and our obligations under applicable data protection laws and regulations for one or more of the following reasons:
- (a) To administer your purchase or donation;
- (b) To confirm receipt of donation and to say thank you and provide details of how your donation might be used;
- (c) To provide you with the services, activities or information you have indicated you want to receive or which you have asked for;
- (d) To comply with applicable laws and regulations and requests from statutory agencies;
- (e) For our own internal administrative purposes and to keep a record of your relationship with us;
- (f) For the purposes of research such as support satisfaction research;
- (g) Where you have provided your consent to publish your personal data;
- (h) To provide you with information about volunteering opportunities;
- (i) To provide you with details about our campaigns;
- (j) To provide essential event information where you have signed up to attend;
- (k) To manage your communication preferences with us generally;
- (l) To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your compute/mobile device.
3.2 While we generally seek consent to process your data at the point we collect it, in some cases, we may process data without consent where we are legally allowed to do so and where we have legitimate reasons for doing to, provided we respect your legal rights.
3.3 If you request to receive no further contact from us or request to have your personal data deleted from our system, we will keep some basic information in order to avoid sending you unwanted communications in the future. If we do not retain this information, then this could result in us contacting you again as we would no longer have a record of your request not to be contacted.
4. Where we store your information
4.1 Online payment transactions will be encrypted.
4.2 The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure (though note that our online payment transactions are securely encrypted). Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorized access.
5. Who has access to your information
5.2 We will not trade, share or sell your personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.
5.3 We may disclose your information to other organizations and agencies if we are under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any agreement; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or others.
6. Your rights
6.1 To request details of the information we hold about you, to request that we no longer contact you or that you no longer wish to receive information from us, to update us on your contact details, or to change your preferences, simply let us know by:
- (a) sending an email to email@example.com;
- (b) writing to Dannie Aranda, Hearts With A Mission, 711 Medford Center #334, Medford, OR 97504; or
- (c) calling Dannie Aranda at (541) 646-7385.
6.2 Instructions for unsubscribing from emails will also be included in the general email communications that we send.
6.3 If you are not satisfied with the way we have processed your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the contact information set out in the introduction and section 6.1 of this policy.
7. Cookies and how we use them
7.2 If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you sign up for an event, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
7.3 Third-party websites and social networks
7.4 Disabling cookies
8. How long do we keep your personal data
8.1 We retain personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. In determining data retention periods, HWAM takes into consideration data protection regulations, local laws, contractual obligations and the expectations and requirements based on the nature of the relationship with HWAM.
(Last updated: May 2021)