It takes multiple moving parts to achieve the service, love, and stability young people need in everyday life.
Volunteers can play a huge role in developing these qualities by various means.
Some of the practical needs and/or opportunities for volunteers include:
If you have additional questions and would like to speak to staff or volunteer coordinator. Please feel free to call Hearts With A Mission 541-944-3350 or e-mail email@example.com
Tutoring, Life Skills and Educational Support
Meals (Medford Shelter)
Phone and Shelter Support
Cleaning, Organizing, Maintenance
Special Projects and Activities
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get involved?
Here are some of the ways you can make a difference:
- Donate your time by helping with education support, tutoring or teaching life skills to youth, cleaning and organizing in the shelter, organize or assisting in activities, and special projects.
- Donate your (or your children’s) old clothes.
- Donate food– either uncooked food or a prepared meal; this can be one time or monthly.
- Donate household items such as laundry soap, toilet paper, paper towels, garbage bags, tampons, shampoo, conditioner etc.
- Donate gift cards. Most needed are Wal-Mart, Target, grocery stores, and gas cards.
- Donate your money. Mail-in a one-time donation or sign up for “Ten for Teens.”
- Pray for the youth, staff, financial support etc.
What is the process to donate “time” or volunteer in the shelter?
If you would like to volunteer in the shelter with youth, we ask you to be at least 21 years old. However, we do have opportunities for volunteering at all ages.
The first step in our volunteer process is to fill out the volunteer application. Once filled out and sent in, the volunteer coordinator will get in touch with you about completing your background check and schedule you for your volunteer orientation and tour. From there, you will start volunteering in whatever area is of interest to you!
What is the time commitment?
This depends on the individual; opportunities range from one time to weekly, monthly or yearly.
Do I need a background check?
Any time a volunteer is in HWAM youth shelter spending time with youth a background check is required. However, in certain activities or when youth aren’t present, a background check is not always required.
Will I ever be alone with the youth?
Unless you choose to participate in the mentoring program, you will always have staff present when volunteering with youth.
Volunteers also pitch in to help with special events like the Annual Auction Gala Event and the opportunities don’t end there.
Please call Megan, and she’ll help you find the volunteer options right for you.
You can reach her at 541-944-3350 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in an internship with Hearts With A Mission, please email your resume and internship requirements to email@example.com